Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Zipper Pouch




The moms in my mom's group started a sewing circle and while I have attended before this was the first time I decided to actually join in on the sewing part. They were making various projects, but the one that I thought I would get the most use out of was a zipper pouch from a sewing blog we found at Flossie Teacakes. I thought I would get it cut out and maybe get it started that night, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to finish it within a couple of hours. Including cutting and having to run to the store for a zipper! Zippers have always been made to sound like a sewer's nemesis, so I always assume that zipper projects will be very hard and time consuming. This tutorial is very well written and while I would love to have a couple of more pictures, I think it makes inserting a zipper a fairly easy process. I love the way she has you cover the "ugly bits" of the zipper on the ends. It makes the finished project look professional. I can't wait to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment