Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sewing Machine Disappointment

I finally decided to register my sewing machine online tonight, since I didn't do it when I first bought it like I had intended and I found out bad news. Apparently Janome will only honor their warranty if you buy the machine from an "authorized dealer", so I had to return my machine! :( I was really enjoying using it and was so disappointed when I found out. To top it all off I bought the machine at the Hancock Fabrics in Pasadena, so I called to find out if I could return it to the one closest to me and they said no. Well when I was discussing it with the lady at the one in Pasadena she said they should have taken it back at the closer one to me! She did say that she was going to say something to the district manager about 1. the warranty not being honored and 2. the closer store not allowing me to take the machine back to them, so I hope no one else has to deal with this mess. I guess I will have to check out the authorized dealers in the area to see if I can get a machine for a similar price or I will have to go sewing machine shopping again. The silver lining in all of this is that my mom is still letting me borrow hers for as long as I need it, so it won't stop me from sewing. I am so glad, because I just bought fabric for my next projects yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment