Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Elena's Birthday Gift




Mike was nice enough to model the bag for me! :)


We were invited to Elena's 3rd birthday this weekend and although we weren't able to make it we wanted to get her a little something. I thought this would be the perfect time to make a bag for its original purpose of being a gift bag. LOL! We went out and found some pretty purple material with sparkly stars on it and used a purple lining. I decided to try it the way the pattern states without the fusible interfacing for the first time. I think it came out really cute, but I really do prefer the bag with the fusible interfacing. Without it there is very little structure to it and it won't stand up well at all especially once you have something in the bag. I am still overall happy with the way the bag turned out, but I will definitely be using the interfacing again if I a make another one!

I was very excited that I found some iron on tags at Hobby Lobby that said "Made with Love by...." and you write your name. I have been meaning to order some customized labels, but haven't done it yet since most of what I have made so far was for family. They work great and I was happy with the way they turned out. It was hard to get a good picture of them, because they are white and the flash made them a little too bright.

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable, what a great idea to make a bday gift bag!

    ReplyDelete