Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Bag Complete!


This is my mom with both the bags I made her! :)



Although you can't tell from the picture, the lining material has flecks of silver sparkle in it making it match the outside of the bag very well


My mom asked me to make a smaller version of the bag I made my dad for her camera. We picked out the material yesterday and I started working on it last night. The only problem was that I forgot that she wanted a smaller version and I had started making the medium instead of the small, so I had to start over today at nap time. I got all the way through it except for the stitching around the bag to make the casing for the cording when I realized that bag opening was too small for the free arm of both of the sewing machines I have here. With some tips from my mom and Heather (my sewing friend and neighbor) I took the plunge and finished the casing. Although it didn't turn out as perfect as I would like I think it is about the best I am going to be able to do without a lot more practice. I am pleased to say that with the cording through the casing you can't really see the imperfections without hyper analyzing the bag! :) Now if I could just figure out how to get the cording not to fray I would really be in business! I plan to try the clear fingernail polish on the ends once I go to the store and I am hoping it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment