Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kelsie's Easter Skirt





A friend from our sewing circle gave us all a pattern she got out of her Quilting magazine for a twirly skirt. It looked so adorable that I had to give it a shot despite the fact that I am not exceptionally fond of gathering. I am so glad I did. I discovered that gathering is worth the hassle when done with the right amount of fabric. Unfortunately on my last gathering project, The rodeo t-shirt dress, I only had a little over the circumference of the shirt, so the gathering really didn't show making it more of a pain that it was worth. The opposite was definitely true with this project. I really love the gathering and the two layer effect, although if I make another one I will make the second layer a little longer. I just would like it to show a little more.

Kelsie liked the material because it has bunnies and ducks on it and she seemed to like the way the skirt fit. I am pleased with it and it turned out even cuter than I expected, because again I was afraid of the gathering. I would definitely make another skirt like this for Kelsie. It was relatively easy to make, although it does take some time (at least for me). I think it took me about 3 hours give or take to get everything done. Of course that was my first try, so it may take less time on my next attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment