Thursday, March 4, 2010

The "Super Cool Wallet"



I have been wanting to try to make a wallet ever since I saw some of the ladies in my sewing circle make a tea wallet. I ran across a tutorial for one at Craft Bits that looked straight forward, so I decided to give it a try. It was a fairly easy to make. The only real issue I had was sewing on the velcro. She has you put both card holder strips on before you sew on the velcro, but doesn't specify that you shouldn't sew through both strips of fabric. Of course I made the mistake of doing that, so I had to resew the velcro strips. Other than that I didn't run into any problems. I think this particular wallet is more useful for cards than holding money, so I plan to use it for either gift cards of membership cards. I am hoping the next one I try will have places for everything, but overall I like how the "Super Cool Wallet" turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment