Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Rodeo/T-shirt Dress




Kelsie's MDO had a rodeo day today at school. They brought in a petting zoo and they did lots of rodeo inspired activities today. The kids were supposed to wear something western or rodeo inspired and since Kelsie didn't have anything I decided to make her something. I went out and bought some bandanas and a white t-shirt and decided to try making a t-shirt dress. I found a great tutorial at Waldeck Dry Goods. I decided to make the waistline at the waist instead of an empire waist, but other than that I followed the tutorial.

It turned out OK, but the bandana material was not quite as wide (even with 2 sewn together) as what the tutorial required. The skirt of the dress came out a little big and less gathered than I would have liked, but I still think it turned out cute. To add a little extra something I got some iron-on lettering and put Cowgirl Cutie on the front. The big test was whether Kelsie would wear it or not. To my surprise she didn't fight much when I asked her to put it on and she even said she liked it when I asked her what she thought of the dress. In my book that right there makes this project a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment